[racket] Redex: how do you interpret this typesetting error?

From: Asumu Takikawa (asumu at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 26 14:42:22 EDT 2012

On 2012-09-26 13:53:56 -0400, Matthias Felleisen wrote:
> The traditionally correct notation for substitutions is
>  (1) e[x - v]

Thanks, that actually works with Redex's lw-rewriter too for my argument
order.

Robby wrote:
> You can just change the order of the args to subst, or you can only
> call this with identifiers and then change the rewriter so you drop
> that column information, replacing it with your own, made up column
> information.

Thanks Robby for clearing that up. I didn't understand this second
option though. Do you mean that if my substition only takes variable
names as the expression to substitute and I munge the lw column fields
it will work?

Cheers,
Asumu

Posted on the users mailing list.