[racket] Avast claims to find a virus in a Racket download from

From: John Chandler (jmcaxolotl at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 21 16:41:55 EDT 2012

On a semi-public computer, I started a download of Racket, from the
Univ. of Utah mirror, and partway through I got a popup, apparently
from an anti-virus program called "Avast", which apparently lives on
this computer.  The message in the popup is that a virus was found in
the download.

The details given in the popup are:

File name:
http://www.cs.utah.edu/plt/installers/5.3/racket/racket-5.3-bin-i386-win32.exe\$INSTDIR\GRacket.exe

Malware name: Win32:MalOb-CA [Cryp]

Malware type:   Virus/Worm

VPS version:    110723-2, 07/23/2011

I didn't see a place on the racket-lang site for reporting download
problems or other issues, so I'm reporting it here, and ask that it be
forwarded appropriately.  The anti-virus program may be out of its
mind, of course, but I didn't want to assume that.

-jmc

Posted on the users mailing list.