[racket] What am I doing wrong in this typed racket program?

From: Tony Garnock-Jones (tonyg at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 19 14:19:24 EDT 2012

On 09/18/2012 05:53 PM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt wrote:
> It's not obvious to me if this can be detected statically, but you can
> work around this by changing `Any` to some other type.

Thanks for the explanation.

It took me a long time to narrow it down to the minimal example I gave
(starting from a hundred lines or so of type definitions). It took me a
long time to see the "set/c" as the vital clue it was, and there's no
mention of "Any" anywhere. Having a line number would have helped immensely.

I was also not thinking in terms of typed-to-untyped interaction---I was
thinking "oh, this will provide the types and the values to other TR
programs"---so the appearance of contracts was sudden and surprising.

Regards,
   Tony

Posted on the users mailing list.