[racket] Typed Racket vs. Haskell

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 18 16:17:41 EDT 2012

Haskell is a mature, 20-year old compiler.

Typed Racket is an evolving, 3-year old language for which we have only recently turned to performance issues. Also it runs atop a jit compiler that does not know anything about types. We need to develop new and different ways to perform optimizations. Nevertheless, the performance of TR programs is quite decent and may beat Haskell on occasion.

;; ---

Typed Racket is designed for Racket. One day Guile will have a Typed Guile companion, and Chez Scheme may have a Typed Chez companion but until then TR is for Racket.