[racket] Typed Racket vs. Haskell

From: thorsopia at lavabit.com (thorsopia at lavabit.com)
Date: Tue Sep 18 11:30:42 EDT 2012

Hi,

I'm a beginner, but I have some experience with Scheme and Haskell.

Haskell is famous for its strict type system. Is it possible to achieve
this in a Lisp-like language? Is Typed Racket as strict as Haskell?

I'd like to see a comparison between the two.

(Please don't refer me to the docs. Because I'm not very experienced it
might take too long to understand the type system of Typed Racket.)

P.S. I've also heard that Common Lisp supports static typing. I'll
appreciate an overview of its type system too (compared to the mentioned
languages), but it's not the main topic of this thread.

Posted on the users mailing list.