[racket] scribble/lp issues

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Sat Sep 8 11:00:49 EDT 2012

I'm trying to start using scribble/lp and ran into some issues.

1. When I switch a buffer from scribble/base to scribble/lp, if I have
no chunks I get an error.  Why is this?  It certainly isn't needed for
typesetting; for assembling code during execution, when there are no
chunk's why isn't it equivalent to require'ing an empty file?

2. There is an lp-include but this is like include, not
include-section.  This makes it difficult to use in a larger document.
I am currently creating an empty shadow file like this:

  #lang scribble/base
  @(require scribble/lp-include)
  @lp-include["first-desugar.scrbl"]

and @include-section'ing that.  (But hey, at least "it works".)

3. When I switch to scribble/lp, all my non-chunk codeblocks seem to
lose their color formatting!  The exact same @codeblock{...} that is
nice and colored in scribble/base now looks more like @verbatim{...}
in scribble/lp; only the code associated with @chunk[...]s is colored.

Is there a reason for (1), a better way to do (2), and a way around
(3)?  The third is the closest to a show-stopper.

Thanks!

Shriram

Posted on the users mailing list.