[racket] wffi (a "literate" web service "FFI" using a markdown file with parameterized HTTP messages)

From: Greg Hendershott (greghendershott at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 16 20:12:03 EDT 2012

To follow up, I just pushed a PLaneT package for the Google API
Discovery service, which means ~40 Google web services including
things like goo.gl, Google+, and so on.

GitHub: https://github.com/greghendershott/gapi
PLaneT: http://planet.racket-lang.org/display.ss?package=gapi.plt&owner=gh

Disclaimer: If PLaneT allowed 0.x version numbers, I'd put this around
0.8. Welcome any feedback or bugs reports.

At Sunday's hacketathon, Eli showed me how to pull off creating the
function wrappers at compile-time using macros. I can't thank him
enough for squeezing my brain through macro crucible, even if it took
a good night's sleep for me to put the pieces back together again.

What I'd like to do next is loop back to my original idea of a very
simple markdown format file where documentation=specification. The
Google API discovery document JSON format is quite flexible. But it is
both too simple and too complicated. On the one hand it can't quite
handle some header- and signature-heavy services like some of
Amazon's. And on the other hand it's really overkill for many simple
web services like imgur or last.fm. You certainly wouldn't want to
write that format by hand. Anyway, now I know how to create function
wrappers at compile-time for that markdown format, using what I just
learned.