[racket] Decimal rounding problem

From: Greg Graham (GGraham at cistercian.org)
Date: Thu Nov 29 12:53:59 EST 2012

Thank you to everyone who weighed in on the topic; the discussion has been very informative and interesting.

I've decided to not do the rounding in Racket, but to store all of the digits in the database. The rounding will occur at the time of display by either Crystal Reports or Excel, which is what the current system does anyway. That way we won't see any unexpected changes in anyone's GPAs.

Now, the unanswered question is why do Crystal Reports and Excel round 4.225 to 4.23? I don't think I'll find as helpful of a forum to answer that question as I have found for Racket. Thanks again for being such a great community!

-Greg

Posted on the users mailing list.