[racket] Racket error reporting and the console window

From: Harry Spier (vasishtha.spier at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 16 16:51:36 EST 2012

1)
Is there some way to keep the console window open when a racket executable
reports an error?  (I'm a Windows user)

For this example, the racket console window closes before I can read the
contract violation message:
#lang racket
(provide/contract [amount positive?])
(define amount 0)

This also doesn't stay open for me to read the error message as the
contract violation is only displayed after I enter a character to continue.
#lang racket
(provide/contract [amount positive?])
(define amount 0)
(system "PAUSE")

2)
The reason I was doing this little test was that I thought from the  Racket
Guide documentation sections 7.1 and 7.1.1 which used this example, that
provide/contract only did a contract check when the module was required,
and I was checking this both in DrRacket and as an executable.

Thanks,
Harry Spier