[racket] Question/Suggestion for raco

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Wed May 30 12:53:19 EDT 2012

On May 29, 2012, at 11:48 AM, Eduardo Bellani wrote:

> Is there some sort of new project command for raco?
>
> Something that would create a new project with a default skeleton
> structure that is suggested by the racket community? If not, would
> that be a good idea? There are precedents, with Leiningen for clojure,
> rails scripts, and similar tools.

With all due respect, I would argue against this. Schlepping eclipse projects from machine to machine is a giant pain, and one of the things that I love about Racket is the lack of metadata and the stripping of programs to their essence.

I understand that beginners are often happy to get a whole bunch of code set up for them, so that they can examine it for clues as to how things should work, but I don't think this makes sense for Racket.

Re: planet: I agree that assembling planet packages is not as smooth as it could be, but I think that the solution there is our new shiny planet replacement that I'm definitely not asking about because I don't have time to work on it :).

John