[racket] Issue with "cannot instantiate `racket/gui/base' a second time in the same process"

From: Kieron Hardy (kieron.hardy at gmail.com)
Date: Sat May 26 03:17:44 EDT 2012

Hi all,

In debugging my second display monitor issue I'm trying to make a little
test utility from the Racket source.

I've copied a snippet (pasted below) from
<somepath>\collects\mred\private\wx\win32\frame.rkt into a new file in the
same directory as frame.rkt.

Although it will compile (with raco make) and execute from the command line
(using racket), DrRacket refuses to compile or execute, failing with the
error message:
"cannot instantiate `racket/gui/base' a second time in the same process"

I've tried changing the order of the files in the require with no success.

Can anyone tell me if I'm doing something wrong or if I have a problem with
my configuration?

Cheers,

Kieron.

****

#lang racket/base

(require
         ffi/unsafe
         "utils.rkt"
         "types.rkt"
         )

(define-user32 EnumDisplayMonitors (_wfun _HDC
                        _pointer
                      (_wfun #:atomic? #t _pointer _HDC _RECT-pointer
_pointer -> _BOOL)
                      _pointer -> _BOOL))