[racket] Reading bibtex files

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at hashcollision.org)
Date: Mon May 21 12:15:05 EDT 2012

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 11:42 AM, Danny Yoo <dyoo at hashcollision.org> wrote:
> I think there's a bug in the library.  There appears to be a missing
> call to (slurp-whitespace ip) in the parsing library.  I'll send a bug
> report and a patch to the Racket developers.  A diff follows below for
> those who like looking at patch files.  :)

Until the library gets patched, here's a possible workaround: put the
trailing "}" on the same line, like this:

    author = {Hochreiter, S. and Schmidhuber, J.},
    title = {Long {Short-Term} Memory},
    volume = {9},
    number = {8},
    journal = {Neural Computation},
    year = {1997},
    pages = {1735--1780}}

The bug involves the parser not properly discarding the whitespace
right after reading the value "{1735--1780}".

I agree with you that the parser needs to be a bit better.  It does
not currently follow the description in:

so it will reject some bibtex files that it shouldn't.

I've submitted the bug report as:

Posted on the users mailing list.