[racket] "Docstrings"

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at hashcollision.org)
Date: Mon May 14 14:57:51 EDT 2012

> Been learning Python and the docstring feature is nice, you just a
> binding for it's doc and you have it in the repl and it saves you some
> time and best of all it makes your favorite IDE integrate nicely.
> Thinking about Racket it seems like it would be nice. Yea I know I can
> add it if I want but what do you think about that feature?
>
> http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0257/

There's a a feature in scribble/srcdoc that is conceptually meant for
the purpose of docstrings, but they're a bit heavyweight compared to
docstrings.

    http://docs.racket-lang.org/scribble/srcdoc.html#(mod-path._scribble/srcdoc)

I have not yet figured out the right way to extract documentation from
scribble/srcdoc-annotated bindings, apart from looking at the
associated HTML page generated from them.

Personally, I like Python docstrings.

Posted on the users mailing list.