[racket] Uses of thunk*

From: Jay McCarthy (jay.mccarthy at gmail.com)
Date: Sun May 13 01:24:39 EDT 2012

Sorry, I was crazy. My local doc build was busted, so it didn't show up.

I've never used thunk* but I presume that it's designed for when you
want to have the procedure as an argument to something like map,
without trying to be arity-polymorphic yourself (which is very
cumbersome for keyword procedures.)

Jay

On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 11:07 PM, Harry Spier <vasishtha.spier at gmail.com> wrote:
> Section 3.17 Procedures in the Racket Reference manual (my local
> version with the latest Racket windows version
>
> On 5/13/12, Jay McCarthy <jay.mccarthy at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I may be crazy, but I can't find any documentation for thunk or
>> thunk*. Can you tell me where you are finding these forms, so I can
>> see what they do and thus how they might be useful?
>>
>> Jay
>>
>> On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 10:26 PM, Harry Spier <vasishtha.spier at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> I can see  where I might use the procedure   thunk   but I'm not clear
>>> where   thunk*   would be used.  Can someone give me some cases where
>>> it would be useful.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Harry