[racket] Custom Key Bindings - Post Your File

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Fri May 11 08:14:07 EDT 2012

Ah, good point. I've added some example code to the docs that shows
how to bind menu items. Here's the code.

Robby

#lang s-exp framework/keybinding-lang

(define (menu-bind key menu-item)
  (keybinding
   key
   (λ (ed evt)
     (define canvas (send ed get-canvas))
     (when canvas
       (define menu-bar (find-menu-bar canvas))
       (when menu-bar
         (define item (find-item menu-bar menu-item))
         (when item
           (define evt
             (new control-event%
                  [event-type 'menu]
                  [time-stamp
                   (send evt get-time-stamp)]))
           (send item command evt)))))))

(define/contract (find-menu-bar c)
  (-> (is-a?/c area<%>) (or/c #f (is-a?/c menu-bar%)))
  (let loop ([c c])
    (cond
      [(is-a? c frame%) (send c get-menu-bar)]
      [(is-a? c area<%>) (loop (send c get-parent))]
      [else #f])))

(define/contract (find-item menu-bar label)
  (-> (is-a?/c menu-bar%)
      string?
      (or/c (is-a?/c selectable-menu-item<%>) #f))
  (let loop ([o menu-bar])
    (cond
      [(is-a? o selectable-menu-item<%>)
       (and (equal? (send o get-plain-label) label)
            o)]
      [(is-a? o menu-item-container<%>)
       (for/or ([i (in-list (send o get-items))])
         (loop i))]
      [else #f])))

(menu-bind "c:a" "Run")