[racket] scribble racketinput and racketresult

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed May 9 21:49:09 EDT 2012

At Tue, 8 May 2012 12:50:34 -0400, Danny Yoo wrote:
> On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Neil Van Dyke <neil at neilvandyke.org> wrote:
> > In Scribble'd docs, what is the right, conventional way to show that
> > expression A produces value(s) B, but without using Scribble's "interaction"
> > form?
>
> [...]
>
> Would eval:alts be applicable to this problem?  For example:
>

> #lang scribble/manual
> @(require scribble/eval)
> @interaction[(eval:alts (compute-answer-to-life) 42)]

That's what I would recommend, and it works when the value is to be
displayed corresponds to the result of some other expression, but it
doesn't cover this case:

At Tue, 08 May 2012 10:45:18 -0400, Neil Van Dyke wrote:
> (2) sometimes I want to put italicized
> placeholders in the output, such as for things that can vary from run to
> run;

I've added support for an `eval:result' pattern (intended for
combination with `eval:alts') that lets you specify content to show as
the result:

 @interaction[(eval:alts (compute-answer-to-life)
                         (eval:result @italic{42, possibly}))]

Posted on the users mailing list.