[racket] perpetual "Online expansion running"

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Wed May 9 19:11:57 EDT 2012

What does it mean if DrRacket's online Check Syntax indicator is blue,
and the tooltip says "Online expansion running", but CPU is 0%.

I can run the code.  I can leave DrRacket idle for a long time, but the
indicator stays blue.  Disabling and then re-enabling online Check
Syntax doesn't help.  Quitting and restarting DrRacket doesn't help.

A wild guess is that Check Syntax is secretly giving up, due to the
"require"s in this module (the size of the "require"-d stuff, or the
complexity of the "require" graph).  There's not much crazy syntax
transforming happening in the application code, if that matters.

Neil V.

Posted on the users mailing list.