[racket] DrRacket slow editing

From: Asumu Takikawa (asumu at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed May 9 10:10:46 EDT 2012

On 2012-05-09 14:24:43 +0100, Richard Adler wrote:
> Is there a setting where DrRacket uses a different graphics driver so
> I can keep the visual effects and use DrRacket.

I don't think it is possible for an application like DrRacket to do this
on Linux.

Which free graphics driver are you using? My guess is that the default
for Ubuntu is the Nouveau driver. Based on a quick Google search[1],
it seems like one possibility is that the 10.04 drivers are just too old
for compositing and that the 10.10 or newer ones might work.

You could also try a PPA that provides newer graphics drivers:
  https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat/+archive/x-updates

And the Nouveau wiki for more info:
  http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/UbuntuPackages

Cheers,