[racket] eginner's question on elementary textual replacement...

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Fri Mar 9 05:48:15 EST 2012

First of all, sounds like you have a substandard C compiler, and that
you must be targeting a 4-bit microcontroller. :)

Regarding these micro-optimizations in Racket: if you are fairly new to
Racket (I don't know), my suggestion is to avoid trying to optimize
every word of allocation and every variable reference overhead, and
instead focus on learning the idiomatic language.  I suggest pretending
that variable references are negligible for now, and instead focus on
things like trying to make tail calls, and trying to avoid variable
mutations.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/