[racket] some weirdness with profiling and the jit

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at cs.wpi.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 6 18:16:31 EST 2012

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 5:24 PM, Robby Findler
<robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
> I'm not sure of the answer, but you might have better results if you
> work directly with the primitives that the profiler is using, namely
> calling continuation-marks directly at some point where things are
> funny and seeing what you get from contination-mark-set->context on
> those marks in different contexts.

Yes.  I do see different marks in the two contexts.  Here, let me make
it easier for someone to investigate this.  You can check out:

    https://github.com/dyoo/profiler-tutorial

and run:

    $ racket run-profiler.rkt runner.rkt

vs:

    $ racket --no-jit run-profiler.rkt runner.rkt

to see the effect of running the profiler with and without the JIT.

Posted on the users mailing list.