[racket] returning self as sync result with struct prop:evt and wrap-evt

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Fri Jun 29 00:13:14 EDT 2012

Matthew Flatt wrote at 06/27/2012 09:31 PM:
>              just read       sync then read
>   direct       45 (gc: 0)      325  (gc: 19)
>   letrec       51 (gc: 0)      834  (gc: 12)
>   self         51 (gc: 0)      1297  (gc: 17)

Thanks for analyzing this, Matthew.  I ended up going with the "letrec"
approach.

(I'm generally interested in I/O performance, and am fond of "sync" and
its variants.  My immediate need was to make the "charterm" object in my
character terminal library a synchronizable event, so that my new
Rackonsole library could do a "sync" on both the terminal and on the log
receiver.  I'm happy to report that Racket's very rich events system
worked great.)

Neil V.

Posted on the users mailing list.