[racket] querying the machine's system time...

From: Pierpaolo Bernardi (olopierpa at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 19 09:19:16 EDT 2012

On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 6:23 AM, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> I'm confused by the question. Maybe you have and old version where 'seconds->date' accepts only integers? The current version accepts a real, and so fractional seconds can be in the argument to 'seconds->date'.

BTW, related to seconds->date, but not to the original question. From
seconds->date documentation:

"The value returned by current-seconds or
file-or-directory-modify-seconds is not portable among platforms.
Convert a time in seconds using seconds->date when portability is
needed."

Making this value portable only requires an addition, so why not make
it portable?

and: "For the second field, values of 60 and 61 are for unusual, but
possible for leap-seconds."

AFAIK, there cannot be more than one leap-second in a minute
(actually, more than one in a month), so I believe the correct range
should be 0..60.  (I also believe there's a typo in the quoted
sentence).

Cheers
P.

Posted on the users mailing list.