[racket] Scribble to latex

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at hashcollision.org)
Date: Mon Jun 11 15:31:38 EDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 2:40 PM, Viera Proulx <vkp at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> I am starting to play with scribble and have tried to generate a pdf document from the scribble source. The conversion to html worked fine.
>
> When I hit the Scribble to PDF button I got:
>
> Welcome to DrRacket, version 5.2.1 [3m].
> Language: scribble/manual; memory limit: 128 MB.
> scribble: loading xref
> scribble: rendering

> . . ../../../../../../../Applications/Racket/collects/scribble/private/run-pdflatex.rkt:7:0: run-pdflatex: could not find a `pdflatex' executable

Ah, but this looks like a Mac OS X system.  The environment that
Racket (and other Mac OS X graphical programs) uses to run executables
does not use the same variables as those provided by a "login" shell
like your Terminal.  That means that even if your Terminal has an
appropriate PATH, it's not guaranteed that the graphical programs use
an environment with the right environmental variables.

Environmental variables on Mac OS X is funky.  You may need to modify
your $HOME/.MacOSX/environment.plist.  See:

    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/135688/setting-environment-variables-in-os-x

Good luck!

Posted on the users mailing list.