[racket] ranking of search results in documentation search

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Mon Jun 4 22:20:27 EDT 2012

20 minutes ago, Robby Findler wrote:

> >> Ah, I'd never noticed the [!].
> >
> > Random thought: now that a gear icon is conventional for settings,
> > would it help if it changes to "[*]"?
>
> I couldn't resist replying here: why not an actual gear icon?

No deep reason.

The text is relatively small, which means a small icon, and those tend
to look really bad when enlarged[*].  There's the alternative of using
a bigger image and letting the browser make it look smaller, but that
usually looks bad too...

And BTW, the "[?]" should be replaced too, since otherwise the
contrast between them will make it look even uglier.

[*] I have lots of experience with that, since I usually use a zoom
factor in my browser...  One recent case where a website had a good
way to deal with this is github's move to a custom font for all of its
icons.  It works really well, but it's a huge effort.