[racket] db library and cursors

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Wed Jul 25 18:13:10 EDT 2012

Any thoughts on whether the "db" library will support cursors?  Or
thoughts on handling large query results in the "db" library?

Reason I ask: I'm experimentally reimplementing an older PostgreSQL
library to use the Racket "db" library.  Some applications using this
library use cursors for large query results.  In the Racket 5.2.1 source
code, it looks like even "in-query" sucks all the query result rows into
a non-lazy list.  I can make a "cursor" object that simply wraps a
non-lazy list of results, but this could be a problem for large query
results.

Neil V.

Posted on the users mailing list.