[racket] Racket on Ubuntu 12.04

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Fri Jul 20 02:56:45 EDT 2012

Just a sanity-check question, no cause for concern...

Has anyone seen strange behavior with Racket on Ubuntu 12.04?

I have some code and data that reportedly runs fine on an older version
of Ubuntu (which will take a while for me to verify), but that that at
some point has an incorrect Racket value internally when run under
Ubuntu 12.04.  (In this case, Racket is 5.2.1 with CGC collector on x86
32-bit, and there is an old-style CGC C extension involved, which has
worked on multiple platforms for many years under heavy loads.)

I suspect there is a simpler explanation (i.e., a recent application
code change that does not actually run anywhere), but while I wait for
verification, I thought I might as well sanity-check possible Ubuntu
12.04 problems, however unlikely.

Thanks,
Neil V.

Posted on the users mailing list.