[racket] Is eval very slow?

From: Richard Cleis (rcleis at me.com)
Date: Thu Jul 19 11:53:21 EDT 2012

It's fun growing older with computers. In the days of 8085's, we were almost happy to call a subroutine or switch contexts for an interrupt in 20 microseconds; my gosh, addresses and data must be pushed and popped and all of that stuff takes time.  The response earlier in this thread showed that an evaluation of a new expression, a much more considerable task, to be the same 20 microseconds... but these days we consider this to be intolerably slow. :O)

rac