[racket] define-runtime-path and raco distrib

From: Matt Jadud (jadudm at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 17 08:39:28 EDT 2012

Hi Kieron,

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 5:13 PM, Kieron Hardy <kieron.hardy at gmail.com> wrote:
> How do I get a run-time path in the executable created by 'raco distrib',
> that is the same, relative to the directory containing the source racket
> code and the executable created by 'raco exe'?

I used something along the lines of

(define (UMBRELLA)
  (simplify-path
   (build-path
    (find-system-path 'run-file) 'up 'up)))

which allowed me to run my application both as a double-clickable Mac
app as well as from the command line with

racket foo.rkt

I think some relevant (recent) discussion on this was here:

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/racket-users/CqTiuhY6Aks/discussion

By "I think" I mean "I asked this roughly a week ago, and I think it
answers your question.

Cheers,
Matt

Posted on the users mailing list.