[racket] Redefinition of initial bindings/ Resessive genes in GP

From: jukka.tuominen at finndesign.fi (jukka.tuominen at finndesign.fi)
Date: Sun Jul 8 13:55:51 EDT 2012

I came across this "mutable-define" by Eli (3+ years back)...

;; http://paste.lisp.org/display/67203
;; this is a PLT version, translate as necessary

(define-syntax-rule (define-mutable name expr)
  (begin (define b (box expr))
         (define-syntax name
           (syntax-id-rules (set!)
             [(set! name new) (set-box! b new)]
             [(name . xs) ((unbox b) . xs)]
             [name (unbox b)]))))

;(define x 1)
;(define x 2)

...which seems beautifully concise for the job. The only problem is that
it only seems to work in the interactions window in drracket. Is there a
way to have it working inside a module? ... hopefully so that all the
tweaks would take place inside the very module, rather than "required"
from elsewhere (that would keep it an GP individual's property/"gene").

This is obviously what Danny is trying to explain me - "...language
variant of Racket where "define" acts like redefinition at the module
toplevel..." - but once again, I seem to be reaching out things before
understanding them.

br, jukka