[racket] What math do you want to do in Racket?

From: Neil Toronto (neil.toronto at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jul 1 17:20:34 EDT 2012

Yes! More vacations!

Or more PLT days. On a PLT day two years ago, I wrote the beginnings of
a multidimensional array library in Typed Racket, with slicing, views,
and array-map. Both I and Typed Racket have gotten better at Typed
Racket since then. :)

To add to my vacations, I'd try implementing purely functional
multidimensional arrays. If they're stored in trees, it seems they'd
naturally represent sparse matrices.

Neil ⊥

On 07/01/2012 11:29 AM, Matthias Felleisen wrote:

> Sounds like Neil would have to have another few vacations to get that one done :-)
>

> On Jul 1, 2012, at 12:42 PM, Michael Wilber wrote:
>
>> Ripping off NumPy would be a *huge* step forward toward encouraging
>> scientific research in racket.

Posted on the users mailing list.