[racket] Splitting Racket source code by scope?

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at cs.wpi.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 29 18:30:19 EST 2012

Oh, one more thing: make sure your language is set to "Determine
Language from source".

Almost all of the professional-level documentation in Racket assumes
that DrRacket has been set up use the #lang line.  Make sure DrRacket
is in "Determine Language from source" mode.

If you neglect to set up DrRacket up to "Determine Language from
source", and try to use a #lang line anyway, then you will see strange
error messages.  For example, if the language has been set to R5RS,
and we try to use a #lang line, we'll see something like the
following:

    #%module-begin: illegal use (not a module body) in: (#%module-begin ...)

You reported a similar error message in your original message, so that
might be the real cause of the problems you ran into.

Posted on the users mailing list.