[racket] DrRacket crashes

From: Rüdiger Asche (rac at ruediger-asche.de)
Date: Sun Feb 26 17:24:49 EST 2012

On my machine at work (admitteldly, older - 512M RAM, Windows XP SP2), DrRacket crashes predictably, even when I don't run any code of mine - it's enough to run the macro stepper on a reasonably complex expression. I do attribute this to low memory conditions and found that Dr.Racket claims about 300M even when limited to 128M. Opening a second session (hitting run, debug or macro stepper) already bumps the memory usage significantly.

I haven't reported this yet since a) I don't know how to file a bug report and b) the environment I run under is fairly ancient. I believe it is fairly trivial to get Dr.Racket to crash using a machine with limited memory. I can provide additional info (screenshots of the exception handler box, event log entries etc) if needed (PM please).

Thanks,