[racket] Missing turtle

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 26 17:00:44 EST 2012

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 2:33 PM, Jens Axel Søgaard
<jensaxel at soegaard.net> wrote:
> I have sent a bugfix to github.

Thanks!

Sorry if I'm being dense here, but how do I get a hold of that?

> The bugfix changes the width of the wipe-line to 2 pixels.
> This may or may not be acceptable, but before this
>
> (draw 100)
> (turn 180)
> (erase 100)
>
> would produce a grey line.

Thanks.

FWIW, this turtle library predates several significant improvements to
the GUI system, back when a black line (of the kind it draws) meant a
precise series of black pixels and a white line meant the same precise
series of pixels, but this time drawing them in white .... Nowadays
that's not what it means and so the strategy of erasing by drawing in
white is not such a good one anymore.

I'm not sure there is really a good thing to do here, but I agree that
drawing with a 2 pixel wide pen is probably a better than other
options.

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.