[racket] DrRacket crashes

From: Joe Gilray (jgilray at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 21 00:10:18 EST 2012

I've been playing with large streams, lists and vectors of primes for the
past couple of days and have seen the following behavior on my Win7 system
3 times:

In the middle of a memory intensive operation the disk will start to rattle
and the system will be slower (I measured with (time) about a 30% slow
down) after several more operations suddenly DrRacket will become
unresponsive and Win7 will "search for a solution to the problem" which I
cancel.  After about 5 minutes of furious disk rattling the DrRacket
session will terminate without a message, but the disk will continue to
thrash for about another 15 minutes.

I'm using version 5.2.1

-Joe