[racket] Porter stemming algorithm

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Wed Feb 8 12:51:32 EST 2012

On Feb 4, 2012, at 1:38 PM, John Sampson wrote:

> Hello -
>
> I have found code for a Scheme version of the Porter stemming algorithm.
>
> Supposedly it has been tested on PLT Scheme but when loaded into
> DrRacket there are many unreadable characters and syntax errors.
>
> Is there an implemention of the stemmer that really works with Racket?
>
> The Porter home page has implementations in many languages but
> Scheme is not one of them.

The code appearing on that page seems to have some severe quoting damage. I took a look at fixing it, and successfully replaced all of the funny text quotes with regular ASCII ones, but I gave up when I noticed that apparently less-than signs were interpreted as HTML tag markers--it'll be easier just to ask for a non-damaged copy to be attached to the page somehow.

John Clements