[racket] introspecting names and versions of all planet packages used by a program

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Thu Dec 13 23:52:03 EST 2012

Can a program running in Racket VM introspect on itself to determine the
names and versions of PLaneT packages that the program uses?

I tried poking around with environment introspection, and trying to
follow module use graph that way, but no luck so far.  Maybe this is
something that modules rightfully hide?

The reason I want this is for the About box of an app:
"http://i.imgur.com/TofUX.png".  I'd like to acknowledge the PLaneT
packages the app uses, and indicate the version numbers for
support/debugging purposes.  I'd like to do this programmatically.

If I can't do this introspection, then I have a bunch of alternatives in
mind that might work, but they're all messy and/or a chunk of work.

Neil V.

Posted on the users mailing list.