[racket] deceptive perfomance for typed racket in integer division

From: daniel rupis (danielrupistralizavez at yahoo.es)
Date: Tue Dec 11 11:43:25 EST 2012

Sam Tobin-Hochstadt <samth at ...> writes:

> While you're certainly right about DrRacket introducing noise in
> performance measurement, I don't think you need to generate an
> executable to eliminate that overhead.  Simply running `racket` from
> the command line on a file in a module ought to be sufficient.
>
> Sam

  Hello Sam.

  I am using racket from the console, not using DrRacket.   I just copy the code
with control-c and paste with control-v then wait a seconds for the definitions
to be loaded in memory and then run the test.

 I was going to use raco exce ... but it asks about a module (perhaps I should
read the section about using raco to generate a standalone executable).

 Anyway, my point was that I was expecting something more from typed racket.
Since typed racket use types (like declaring type in sbcl) I was expected better
perfomance, that's all.

Posted on the users mailing list.