[racket] minimum spanning tree

From: Arthur Nunes-Harwitt (anh at cs.rit.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 5 14:50:44 EST 2012

Dear Matthias,

> NOW: as we conduct this study, we might be able to articulate
> performance "contracts" (that's probably the wrong word) and possibly
> learn how to add those to library implementations as a secondary
> interface. Doing so would once again distinguish Racket from other
> programming languages.

   I believe that Kiczales' original notion of aspect oriented programming
was along those lines.  It might be worthwhile looking into what he did
and finding out where he ran into difficulties.  I wonder if he deemed
those difficulties serious enough to stop work and change aspect oriented
programming into what we see now.

-Arthur

Arthur Nunes-Harwitt
Computer Science Department, Rochester Institute of Technology
Room 70-3509
585-475-4916

"I don't know what the language of the future will be
called, but it will look like LISP."

This email is confidential and intended for the named recipient(s). In
the event the email is received by someone other than the recipient,
please notify the sender at anh at cs.rit.edu.

Posted on the users mailing list.