[racket] DrRacket automatic parentheses mode update

From: Nadeem Abdul Hamid (nadeem at acm.org)
Date: Mon Dec 3 22:30:55 EST 2012

Some improvements to DrRacket's "automatic parentheses" mode are now
available in the nightly build version and git repository. If you have
previous tried auto-parens and abandoned it, or if you have never tried it,
please do try it now!

In auto-parens mode, typing a closing parenthesis will skip over an
existing one if the cursor is right in front of it. You can also type M+)
 (meta key + close parens), whether in auto-parens mode or not, to skip
right past the closing parentheses of the enclosing expression, or, if the
expression is not well-balanced, just forward to the next closing
parentheses. This behavior should also work as expected with other closing
parenthesis-like symbols, double quotes, and | ... | pairs. There are also
some tweaks to the auto-parens mode so that block comments #| ... |# are
inserted correctly. Also auto-parens mode has no effect when inside a
string literal or comment (you can always use M+( to force a parens pair if
you really want one) or when typing a character literal.

While 'undo' works properly now for just-inserted () pairs in auto-parens
mode, I did not mess at all with delete key behavior. I've left the
Paredit-like functionality for another time/person! :-)

Have fun,

nadeem