[racket] minimum spanning tree

From: J. Ian Johnson (ianj at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 3 11:07:49 EST 2012

Graph algorithms are often meant to be very fast, and different algorithms necessitate different representations. Two popular representations are adjacency lists and shared structures. It also isn't right to call them lists unless you're talking about multigraphs. Indeed successor nodes should be treated as a set, but Racket's sets have quite a bit of overhead, especially for small sets. Should it be fast to compute predecessor nodes? There are too many considerations for there to be just one blessed representation, IMHO.
-Ian