[racket] wikipedia on IDE's

From: Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan (vu3rdd at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 31 01:02:12 EDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 10:21 AM, John Clements
<clements at brinckerhoff.org> wrote:

> On Aug 30, 2012, at 9:26 PM, Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 9:25 AM, Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan
>> <vu3rdd at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> My main gripe with DrRacket's automatic parentheses is the removal.
>>> When, say, the left paren is removed, the right one remains. Paredit
>>
>> I should have written more clearly here. What I meant by the above
>> statement is that, if I occasionally put a left paren, it inserts the
>> right paren as well and now if I immediately remove the right paren,
>> then the right paren remains.
>
> Are you removing the open paren with a backspace, or with an undo? In the first case, I have nothing to offer. In the second case, I think this is something that could be / should be fixed.

Backspace usually. Yes, currently `undo' removes only the left parenthesis.

Also, sometime I forget to put parens in some of the the `match'
clauses and realize it while/after writing the clauses. Then I select
the clause and put the left parenthesis, which automatically puts the
right parenthesis as well. Is there a way to put an empty matched
parentheses and then add statements into it from left or right? (like
the slurp/barf commands in paredit)

--
  Ramakrishnan