[racket] 5.3's "mzc optimizer" log-debug, and log "facility" in general

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 30 08:55:06 EDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 6:29 AM, Greg Hendershott
<greghendershott at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have some code with copious log-debug calls. Occasionally I set
> ",log debug" to see the output.
>
> New in 5.3, I'm seeing many dozens of outputs like the following:
>
> ; [debug] mzc optimizer: inlining: involving: core727 in: unpack728 in
> module: 's3 size: 149 threshold: 320
>
> These are interleaved with and badly obscuring my own debug output.
>
> I've been trying to ignore these and live with it the last couple
> weeks, but it's proving difficult.
>
> 1. Narrow question: Is there a way I can disable the mzc debug output,
> while preserving my own?

You can set up your own log receiver and filter out the messages that
you want (note that you can filter based on racket data structures,
not just string munging as log messages have a value associated with
them that you can query).

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.