[racket] Template Variables

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 29 09:36:56 EDT 2012

In part I, HtDP introduces the idea of a template (see sections whose title is Designing Foo). In its most basic form, a template looks like this:

 (define (f x) ....)

To make sure you can evaluate a definitions area that contains such templates, say

(define (f x)
  ....)

(check-expect (g 1) 1)
(define (g y)
  y)

the teaching languages assign meaning to dots. The word 'variable' is somewhat unfortunate and I should fix this for  a future release.