[racket] db connection-pool tip

From: Ryan Culpepper (ryan at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 22 12:12:55 EDT 2012

On 08/22/2012 07:18 AM, Neil Van Dyke wrote:
> A sentence or two documenting the custodian behavior for connection
> pools might be useful.
>
> The behavior is what you'd expect if you considered it, but, at least in
> my anecdote, I took a while to consider it.

I've added notes to both 'connection-pool' and 'virtual-connection'
about how they interact with custodians.

Your initial experience sounds like a bug, though; it sounds like the
connection didn't know it had been disconnected. What was the underlying
kind of connection?

> BTW, I am really liking the "db" collection.

Thanks!

Ryan

> Matthias Felleisen wrote at 08/21/2012 07:09 PM:
>> Are you saying that Ryan should add an appropriate warning to the
>> documentation? -- Matthias
>>

>> On Aug 21, 2012, at 6:33 PM, Neil Van Dyke wrote:
>>
>>> When using the "db" collection's "connection-pool" procedure,
>>> important safety tip: it uses the "current-custodian" from the
>>> context in which "connection-pool" is applied.
> [...]

Posted on the users mailing list.