[racket] Debugger and Barrier-protected REPL?

From: Galler (lzgaller at optonline.net)
Date: Wed Aug 22 12:09:54 EDT 2012

This may have been asked and answered. Apologies if redundant.

The improvement in stateless compilation time in 5.3 has made the
debugger a practical tool for me. (thanks again)

Is it technically feasible to evaluate simple expressions in the dynamic
extent of the point at which code is paused?

The evaluation context could be tightly surrounded by a barrier so that
the user couldn't change the dynamic extent by invoking a continuation
or otherwise confuse the debugger as to where the program is halted.

To summarize: upon code halting, open a REPL in a barrier-enclosed
thread in the interactions window.

I think this would add tremendous value.

R./
Zack

Posted on the users mailing list.