[racket] R5.3 and #lang web-server compilation

From: Galler (lzgaller at optonline.net)
Date: Sat Aug 18 17:29:05 EDT 2012

Eli, Matt, and Jay

Under 5.3, there's been a near order-of-magnitude improvement in
compilation time for the web-server language.

I didn't notice prior discussion of this, although Jay has mentioned
compilation time as a potential drawback in implementing stateless code.

Its a very meaningful positive change for developer productivity, and I
think Jay's concern is now obsolete with 5.3.

Could I ask what has changed?

On a separate topic, I extensively load tested the ffi/com library
Saturday through Wednesday. Found nothing adverse to report. Really nice
job, especially compared to MysterX. Performance was breathtaking
compared to its predecessor. Thanks again.

R./

Zack

Posted on the users mailing list.