[racket] R5.3 and #lang web-server compilation

From: Galler (lzgaller at optonline.net)
Date: Sat Aug 18 17:29:05 EDT 2012

Eli, Matt, and Jay

Under 5.3, there's been a near order-of-magnitude improvement in
compilation time for the web-server language.

I didn't notice prior discussion of this, although Jay has mentioned
compilation time as a potential drawback in implementing stateless code.

Its a very meaningful positive change for developer productivity, and I
think Jay's concern is now obsolete with 5.3.

Could I ask what has changed?

On a separate topic, I extensively load tested the ffi/com library
Saturday through Wednesday. Found nothing adverse to report. Really nice
job, especially compared to MysterX. Performance was breathtaking
compared to its predecessor. Thanks again.

Posted on the users mailing list.