[racket] Scribble: "Warning: some cross references may be broken due to undefined tags"

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Sat Aug 18 16:18:46 EDT 2012

Greg, thanks for contributing these packages, and for biting the bullet
to use PLaneT.

Greg Hendershott wrote at 08/18/2012 03:46 PM:
> Which was not at all clear to me from the otherwise great instructions.
> Maybe it's obvious to people who are smarter and/or more experienced than me.

I sure hope that difficulty making PLaneT packages is not a sign of
being less-smart. :)  I have found the process to be effort-intensive
and error-prone enough that I made a tool to help:
http://www.neilvandyke.org/mcfly-tools/

>   Upon doing a test run on a fresh
> machine, I watched in horror at the install time and log file.

Even without the Scribble formatting-time test cases, I expect a PLaneT
package install into a fresh Racket install to take at least a few
minutes.  The documentation formatting (index?) is really expensive.
(I'm speaking of up through Racket version 5.2.1; I haven't tried
version 5.3 yet.)

Neil V.

Posted on the users mailing list.