[racket] using packages from Planet

From: Laurent (laurent.orseau at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 17 05:28:30 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 4:39 PM, murat demirtas <heraklea at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hello friends,
>
> first of all sorry for my trivial questions, but all the stuff is pretty
> new to me.
>
> I have download today the package with the line(in DrRacket 5.3):
> (require (planet orseau/mred-designer:3:8))
> Questions:
> 1):Is this designer the default designer to use for rapid gui development?

I don't know of many others, though you can also check the branch 2 of MrEd
Designer, which is still developed by Peter Ivanyi:
http://hexahedron.hu/personal/peteri/mreddesigner/
I think he is in the process of updating it, though I'm not sure.

> 2):Do I have to type always the line :
> (require (planet orseau/mred-designer:3:8)) to start the designer?

You can also call it from  the command line with:
racket -p orseau/mred-designer:3:8

> 3):When I eval the line to start the Designer from MzCOM I get an error:
> Racket error: default-module-name-resolver: the kernel's resolver works
> only on `quote' forms given: '(lib "planet/resolver.rkt").

For that I have no idea, I don't know what MzCOM is or does, but I think
this error is not specific to mred-designer (but I may be wrong).

Cheers,
Laurent