[racket] Announcing RacketCon 2012: October 13

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 15 16:38:19 EDT 2012

We're pleased to announce that (second RacketCon) will take place on
October 13, 2012, at Northeastern University in Boston.  This year,
RacketCon will feature 3 2-hour tutorial sessions, as well as a series
of short talks about development in and of Racket over the last year.

Potential tutorial sessions include:

    Building a new domain-specific language using syntactic extension
    Using contracts in application development
    Adding types to an existing application with Typed Racket
    Parallelizing Racket applications with futures and places

Potential talks include:

    submodules
    WhaleSong
    futures and visualization
    distributed places
    optimization coaching
    Dracula and ACL2
    PLT Redex

Lunch will be provided.

On Sunday after RacketCon, we plan to hold a hackathon to work as a
group on various Racket projects such as documentation improvements
and FFI bindings.  This will be organized by Asumu Takikawa.

To register, please visit http://bit.ly/racketconsignup and fill out
the form there.  The conference website will be up soon at
http://con.racket-lang.org/

Sam Tobin-Hochstadt for PLT

Posted on the users mailing list.