[racket] TR Math Collection

From: Neil Toronto (neil.toronto at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 9 20:18:02 EDT 2012

On 08/09/2012 03:08 PM, Ray Racine wrote:
> I did start with a Vectorof A but figured....
 >
> 4. Less memory since the bulk of data I'm munging loaded in as flat
> float or int vectors.

I hadn't thought of this. Early on, `math/array' had an FlVector-backed
array, but I tossed it when timing tests showed that it wasn't any
faster than the current (Strict-Array Float). But your #4 sounds like it
might be a good reason to have something like it.

FWIW, a (Vectorof Integer) that contains nothing but Fixnums is flat.

> I'll try and find some time to swap in your Array A as my underlying and
> see what happens.

Awesome! I'm really interested to know what your experience with it will be.

I'm afraid there's no documentation, yet. :/ On the plus side, the API
should be pretty stable now.

Neil ⊥

Posted on the users mailing list.